Cutest Blog on the Block

Wednesday, November 22, 2017

Luke 15:10 "There is rejoicing"


After spending almost a week reflecting and praying about all the bad things happening in our world, one incident in particular : the tragic shooting at the 1st Baptist Church in Sutherland Springs, TX, 
I came upon this free printable. It was featured as a Facebook freebie from BIBLE JOURNALING MINISTRIES

I looked up the verse printed on it:

LUKE 15:10

 "In the same way, I tell you, there is rejoicing in the presence of the angels of God over one sinner who repents.”

As I read this verse, I could only take comfort in the thought, that God willing, through this tragedy and other hardships people are experiencing....there are also others that are repenting and being saved. 
So in other words, through the loss of those precious lives, others are being "saved." Angels are blowing their trumphets and rejoicing at those that are turning from their ways, giving their hearts to God and choosing to confess that the Lord is their savior!


I ended up printing my image onto Vellum and painting with some pretty opalescent watercolors. To give the wings some shimmer, I outlined them with a Sakura "glitter" gelly roll pen. 
I added some Gold washi from Target along the edge and finished it off with some beautiful rhinestones from Recollections. Journaling Bible is by Crossway.

The page charm was an old earring that had lost it's pair, I ran it through a gold paperclip. 

Have a wonderful Thanksgiving. 
I pray that everyone has somewhere to gather or visit!
May God bless you on this day and always!

No comments: