Cutest Blog on the Block

Wednesday, November 08, 2017

Bible Journaling: "He is my Refuge and My Fortress"...


When a world seems to have gone crazy, when unbelievable things happen, what should we do?
I often ask myself this, and then remind myself to turn to God's word. 

This past Sunday, the most unimaginable thing happened. 26 people were killed while in church, praising and worshiping God. Small town, everyone knew everyone, it was supposed to be a safe place. 
One young man, who was filled with evil, took the lives of so many innocent children, parents, and grandparents. 
I have been so saddened by this, and have asked God "Why??" 
All I could do was read this verse over and over, and remind myself to trust God. 

Psalm 91:2 says:

I will say of the Lord, "He is my refuge and my fortress: my God; in him will I trust."


I'm speechless by this act. Still in shock and disbelief. I know I can never feel what they are going through, or know what they are facing. But I'm praying for them. 

No comments: